Wednesday 17 October 2012

Back to the Basics

Hey y'all - I hope you've missed me! I've been quite MIA for a while, actually I haven't blogged since the beginning of summer. I moved during the summer and was preoccupied with all of the junk that comes with moving & now I'm back in school (actually I'm in school as I write this). After contemplating for a while about whether or not to continue blogging I've decided that I will just because I love doing so. However, I've decided that it isn't realistic for me to continuously make an outfit the day while juggling friends, work & school. Therefore this blog will become more of a mixture of outfits, product reviews and hair & make up tips.


So lets begin! First and foremost I am a lover of make up but more so I love trying new products - expensive and inexpensive. Recently I've been seeing burgnundy EVERYWHERE - so i decided to give it a shot - on my lips! That's right - I know that typically burgundy lips is associated with a more Gothic look but I feel if you can find the right shade it can look very classy. Initially I fell in love with "Afghan Red" by NARS but seeing as burgundy is definitely a trend and lipsticks take forever to run out i opted for a more inexpensive lippy. So I bought Rimmel's "Bordeaux". First of all, for anybody on a cost conscious budget, Rimmel makes great quality lipsticks & they're only $6. They have the right amount of moisture and are well pigmented. Bordeaux happens to be a complimentary shade for most and is very buildable - it allows you to go from a deep cherry red to a very dark maroon. Being a strong pigmented lipstick you definitely need to apply lip liner - I used "Brick" by MAC and it stayed on my lips all day - although I did have to touch up a bit after dinner.  Word of caution about darker lipsticks: they make lips look smaller. Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment