Monday 1 December 2014

IMATS Toronto 2014

Hello lovelies, it was that time of year again for IMATS! This was my second time attending the show in Toronto and it was definitely a lot busier than last. I got to the convention centre at 9am and there was already a long line up to get in. Advice for those of you planning on attending next year, come prepared. I can not stress that enough, it's very chaotic inside the hall so having a list handy will save you time and money. Also, if you're able to stick to your budget, bringing cash with you is good idea as all vendors except MAC accept cash (debit or credit only).

Once I got in I went straight to the MAC booth, from last year experience I learned that the MAC line can get a bit ridiculous, even at at 9am the line was over an hour long however it was  probably because they only have two cashiers! I didn't end up getting everything I wanted as they had already sold out of a few things and it's mainly the Pro products they bring so keep that in mind when composing your lists. I snagged Fix Plus, 224 Tapered Blending brush and Soft Brown eyeshadow with a 20% discount, so not too bad.

After MAC we headed to MUFE which was having 40% off, however they didn't have much in stock and didn't bring all of their line either, so I only ended up buying the lipliner 2C, which is a dusty pink that's very neutral and the formulation on these lip liners are amazing, they're very creamy and pigmented but don't budge once applied to the lips.

I ended up picking up two beauty blenders as they're significantly cheaper at the show (two for $28). I love using them to blend my foundation, concealer and cream contour. I also bought the Real Techniques duo fiber brush set ($30). I think that the Real Techniques brushes are comparable to higher end brushes, they're very dense and well made, and I use them quite a bit so I thought I would give the duo fiber brushes a shot too. I also bought two Bdellium brushes. I had heard so much about Bdellium but passed on them last year in favour of Morphe and Crown brushes but decided to check them out this year. I also love the fact that all the brushes are vegan and synthetic but are such high quality brushes. I got the 974 Tapered Face brush ($10) and the 957 Precision Kabuki ($12). Additionally, I picked up one Sigma brush, the P80. This brush is amazing for applying and blending small areas such as under the eyes. It's also great for blending out a cream contour. If you love the Sigma F80, you'll absolutely love this!

I also ended up buying 5 stacks of individual lashes! I absolutely hate wearing lashes or lash strips. I've only tried lash strips twice in my life and both times I've taken them off within 10 minutes. I really dislike the look and feel of them. Even when I had mink lashes permanently attached to my lashes, I couldn't stand them and within a month I went back to the spa and asked them to be removed. So why did I buy the lashes? Well I tried some individuals on for a night and I totally forgot that I had them on and loved the look of them so I thought I might give lases another try. I also picked up 3 sets of lash strips, just to give them another fair go although not too sure how soon I'll be wearing them!

In addition to make up I ended up purchasing some nail polishes too. Similar to last year there were plenty of great deals for nail polish. I decided to get 6 CND Vinylux polishes, although Essie and OPI polishes were available for a cheaper price point. I used the CND brand when I went to the Four Season's Spa and it lasted me two whole weeks! I also got a China Glaze Fast Freeze Quick Dry which reduces drying  time and doubles as a top coat!

Let me know if you went to IMATs this year what you got!



No comments:

Post a Comment